Hammer Grey Painted Finish and Natural Aluminium
The Metcalfe 10lb
(4.5Kg) potato peeling machine is constructed from food grade,
non-corrosive aluminium alloy castings, with the spindle housing and
chute cast integrally, eliminating joints and possible leakage.
Available in grey hammer paint finish or in a natural aluminium, these
peelers can be sinktop, pedestal or trolley mounted.
The peelers comply with all relevant safety standards, and are designed
for ease of maintenance and cleaning.
Metcalfe offer a comprehensive warranty and a responsive after sales
service, catering for your every need.
GUARDED DISCHARGE CHUTE (Patent no: 2013815)
As designers and patent holders of the guarded discharge chute we are
pleased to confirm that our innovation is in full
compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act,
1974. The guard protects the operator by allowing the door to the
chamber to be opened which simultaneously stops hand access through the
door aperture whilst
the machine is working.
• Constructed from food grade, non-corrosive, aluminium alloy castings
• Spindle housing and chute cast integrally, eliminating joints and
• Sink-top/counter-top, pedestal or trolley mounted
• Complies with all relevant safety standards and designed for ease of
maintenance and cleaning
• Guarded discharge chute protects the operator by allowing the door to
the chamber to be opened which stops hand access through the door
aperture whilst the machine is working
• No lubrication is required. All bearings are grease packed and
• V-belt driven for noiseless transmission, with provision for belt
tensioning if required
• Rotor plate coated on both sides, doubling its life. Fine grained
abrasive for new potatoes on one side and coarse grained for old
potatoes on the other
• Inside wall of peeling chamber has patented cast-in abrasive
serrations which dispenses with the need for abrasive coating.
Consequently there is less potato loss during both peeling and boiling
and the efficiency of the serrations will last the life of the machine
• Top casting removable without tools so that the rotor plate can be
lifted out. Turn on water and the whole machine is flushed clean.
Cleaning should be carried out on a daily basis
• Water inlet. Hose union with nozzle and provision for fitting on
• Water outlet. Tapped 1½" BSP ready for waste pipe to be connected.
Provision for fitting on either side
• Waste disposal adaptor. Waste pipe can be connected direct to the
drain. Gives an additional water supply to the waste outlet to flush
away the sludge. Water Byelaws Scheme approved product when connected
to water header tank (optional extra)
• External interceptor with tank and basket; a sink basket only or a
length of waste pipe with elbow and coupling, if required (optional